We’ve been advised from Amey on behalf of Highways England that the A47 will be undergoing resurfacing works between Hockering and Easton.
Subject to weather conditions the works will commence on Wednesday 8th March and will hopefully be complete by 1st April.
To keep road users at a safe distance from the works, there will have mixture of traffic lights and full road closures in place while the works are in progress.
When the A47 is closed overnight between Monday 27 March and Saturday 1 April, there will be a clearly signed diversion route in place, whereby drivers heading eastbound will be diverted off the A47 at Swaffham and directed to:
- take the A1065 to Fakenham, then;
- take the A148, then;
- the A1067 east to Norwich, then;
- the A140 Norwich Ring Road and finally;
- take the A1075 Dereham Road to re-join the A47 at Longwater.
Drivers heading westbound will directed to exit the A47 at Norwich, taking:
- the A11 south west from Thickthorn roundabout to Thetford, then;
- the A134 north to Mundford and;
- the A1065 north to Swaffham to re-join the A47.
To stay informed about all the latest major roadworks happening near you, visit www.gov.uk/government/organisations/highways-england to register for the latest alerts.