Blofield Parish Council is seeking an experienced parish clerk to provide maternity cover for 5 months. The position of Assistant Parish Clerk is to start no later than 3rd September 2018 until 31st January 2019.
The Assistant Parish Clerk should have good communication, IT and organisational skills. The post is offered for 20 hours per week, working from home, and includes attendance at various meetings, often in an evening. The Council will consider different working hours as necessary to suit any experienced candidates.
The Assistant Clerk will work in partnership with the Parish Clerk, who is responsible for financial management. Pay will be in line with national SCP scales according to experience and qualifications and the council will consider either a locum or short-term contract parish clerk.
Duties as Assistant Clerk include:
• Managing planning applications and organising, attending and minuting monthly parish council planning meetings.
• Managing specific projects on behalf of the council and providing regular progress reports on all projects to the council.
• Managing the parish council emails. Dealing with enquiries from parishioners in a professional and helpful manner and being the central point of contact for the Council.
• Allotment plot administration
• Preparing / organising venues for meetings.
• Completing all actions from meetings efficiently and within agreed times.
• Completing and distributing draft minutes from a meeting within 1 week of the meeting.
• Posting information onto the parish council website.
• Able to provide holiday/emergency cover for Clerk.
• Undertake training and development activity as required.
• Working closely and effectively with the Clerk and councillors to help deliver a good service to the parish.
For further details or an informal chat please contact Sarah Osbaldeston (Parish Clerk) on 01603 270819 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Rob Christie (Chair of the Council) on 01603 714226