First and foremost, our Neighbourhood Plan is quite unique as it has two purposes.
Its primary use is as a planning tool around land use, therefore each planning application is assessed against our Neighbourhood Plan to ensure it meets the policies contained within the plan.
Its secondary use is to provide an indication of the various enhancements and projects that the Parish Council could consider, as the Neighbourhood Plan process captured parishioners ideas and suggestions about what could make the parish better.
The nature and character of our rural village will be preserved and retained, in order to meet the various needs of residents, contribute to a high quality of life and provide opportunity and choice.
This will be achieved in ways that make effective use of natural resources, enhance the environment, promote social inclusion and supports the local economy.
It shapes the objectives, policies and projects set out in the Neighbourhood Plan.
Through the Neighbourhood Plan, the community of Blofield and Blofield Heath aims to:
- Respond to the planned housing growth in the parish and ensure the provision of adequate community infrastructure, by
- Influence any future development in the parish with evidence based on our understanding of the needs and aspirations of the local community.
- Consider sustainable development within the development boundary.
The Neighbourhood Plan was produced by the Blofield Parish Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group on behalf of the Parish Council
- Trish Brocklebank – Individual and Chair of the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
- Rob Christie – Chair of Blofield Parish Council and Vice-chair of the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
- Pat Wilson – Blofield Parish Council and Blofield, Brundall and District Pensioners’ Association
- Yvonne Burton – Blofield Parish Council
- Steve Briggs – Individual
- Amy Smith – Individual and Blofield Playgroup
- Graham Cooper – Individual
- Miles Green – Individual
- George Pickersgill – Individual
- Paul Elliott – Individual
- Jane Parry – Blofield Tennis Club
- Paul Culley-Barber – Blofield Parish Council and Parent Governor at Blofield Primary School
- Rachel Leggett – independent consultant for the Neighbourhood Plan
Visit the Neighbourhood Plan blog – https://blofieldplan.wordpress.com/ and documentation about the plan is available below.
Neighbourhood Plan – the plan was adopted by Blofield / Blofield Heath parishioners at referendum on 21st July 2016 and was ratified by Broadland District Council to form part of the local planning framework.
Blofield Parish Neighbourhood Area – the Parish boundary is the Neighbourhood Area.
You can see how Blofield Parish Council is using the Neighbourhood Plan to assess planning applications by looking in the minutes of the council meetings.