Keeping Everyone Safe
To reduce day-to-day contact with other people to fight coronavirus, the Government have introduced three new measures as of 23rd March, 2020.
- Requiring people to stay at home, except for very limited purposes
- Closing non-essential shops and community spaces
- Stopping all gatherings of more than two people in public
YOU SHOULD NOW STAY AT HOME
Help us to help you and protect the NHS. We need your co-operation to keep everyone safe and save lives.
It is extremely important you follow the Government’s instructions.
The reasons below explain situations when you can leave your house:
- Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
These four reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are two metres apart from anyone outside your household.
Please do not telephone the police control room for advice. Our staff are needed to respond to emergencies. If you need further information, go to www.gov.uk